Thursday, December 13, 2007

Little Rags

The little rags of my heart
The feelings been left behind
The thoughts of my day’s feelings
That often hide from my mind

I am a person of laughter
I always try to use wit
My humor opens new friendships
Though competitive we will not quit

Imagination flows like a river
It falls just as the setting sun
The chirping birds of the morning
Shows when the night is done

The crunching leaves beneath my feet
Warm my soul as I climb
The windy road to the mountains
Today we’ve been keeping good time

There is a compassionate someone in front of me
I cannot yet tell who he is
But with a wink and a smile, and open arms
We embrace, and my heart reaches his

The cool, crisp air of today
Shows there is much we can know
Of the little rags of yesterday
That can become tomorrow’s show

No comments: