Thursday, December 13, 2007

Memories

I am from the things in the back of my head that are memories
They are the memories that are known from a time very long ago
Some of my memories, stored too far back in my head have been forgotten
But there are also some that I have found, there are some that I still know.

I am from a country that is very far away, the country that is Sweden
The country where my mom had lived for all her life, where she was born
This was were I would frolic, every day and every hour in the lake that I loved
Until I was too tired to continue my constant swimming, and until I was worn.

I am from diverse athletics, it seems that I have played them all
I play all sorts of different things of several diverse kinds
Soccer, basketball and then lacrosse are just few in my long list
I have found that through my hard work, I’m strong in body and in mind.

I am from adventurous lives, my father always taking us to somewhere new
I wish to explore the earth because I’m fascinated with the world around
The places I’ve been though, just seem like it’s not enough of the world
I need to discover a new and different adventure, I need to find new ground.

I am from my mom and my dad, my parents who have always been there
The parents who have loved me, cared for me, and nurtured me since the beginning
The parents who have been there for me for all of time, keeping me healthy and strong
And the parents who tried their hardest to give me a life that I know is worth living.

I am from the memories that are stored deep within my slowly filling mind
The memories from a very different time, the memories of a deep and fulfilling past
I am from the life I’m living, right now, that is constantly creating more memories
And it is the life that I want to remember, it is the life that I want to make last.

No comments: