Thursday, December 13, 2007

On Love

Love is such a complicated word, and love is found so little. Love is deep and love is wide, but sometimes love is just a memory. I tell few people that I love them, because I find that love is a hard thing to admit. When even my best of friends tell me that they love me, I find it very difficult to reply in the same, sincere voice. Of course, I have told the members of my family that I love them, and that is not difficult at all because I have said so for as long as I can remember. My parents and my brothers sit at the dinner table talking, as I finish getting ready for practice, and begin to head out the door. Their conversations slowly die as I am heading for the garage, and I yell back towards the lit kitchen, “Bye guys! See you in a bit! Love you!” as a resounding “Love you Shelli! Have fun!” comes back and touches my ears. Then, I know I can go safely and soundly to my practice, and I know I will be missed, getting lots of hugs and love when I return. Love is also what people feel, or think they feel, when they find “that perfect someone”.
For many people, it takes years; sometimes even decades to fall in love, and stay in love with someone who they want to spend the rest of their lives with. On the beach, my father and mother walk slowly in the cool night sand. Dave turns to Lis and says, “I got you something”, and with a grin on his face, Lis begins to search his pockets for the candy bar she thinks she is getting. This ‘game’ that they have often played with each other however, was very different today, for in his sock, Lis found a small box, and inside it, a wedding ring. To her surprise, he got down on one knee, and asked that wonderful question, “Will you marry me?” After dating each other for at least five years, Dave knew that he had made the right decision, and that they would be happy together for the rest of their lives. This love is strong, and this love is true, and their love cannot be broken by anything that comes by, which is why one must be patient in order to reach true love that many desire.
Love is like a punch in the gut that can knock the wind out of you in an instant, and keep you down and out for a long time. However, when you finally get back up again, you realize that love is something that can bring you eternal happiness Whether it is with your family or a spouse, love is eternal, and who you say you love, is very important to know. When you love someone, it can lift you up or take you down. Some loves succeed, and some loves fail, but when people take their time, and realize that the love is true, only then will their love be forever. Life is a very complicated thing, but it can be made a little bit better with the great feeling called love.

No comments: